Monday, May 3, 2010

My Garden

Here are some pictures of the garden that I have planted. I will write a description of what all is in there and maybe draw a map of it, in the next post. I plan on prividing weekly updates of the garden. This was planted the day after Easter, so I'm a little behind in the posting of this.
Freshly tilled with a few soil amendments.
Planted and watered. Notice rain gauge.
Egg plant, Tomatillios, peppers.
string bean support
Note: The string bean support is constructed of bamboo and is lashed together using twine. I did not use any nails, screws etc. to build it. My neighbors son, who is a college student, had never seen anything like this before. I had to explain how the beans grow and why you build something like this.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you're going to have a garden. I have the blackest of black thumbs and know any garden I attempt to plant would be a dead disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could do it, plus it would be fun for the kids. Their little fingers are great for pulling the weeds from under the plants.

    ReplyDelete