Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Coupon Dad

So I have been reading the "Coupon Mom" book in an effort to help save money on groceries. When feeding a family of 5 you need all the help you can get. Well, it works. I went shopping yesterday and have started to use her method. I got $105.00 worth of groceries for $61.00. That is just over 40%. I actually got stuff for free. Its easy to do even if you do not have a lot of time. She has saving methods of "Busy Shoppers", those that only have a limited amount of time to shop and no real time to plan, "Rookie Shoppers", which have more time to plan and clip coupons(I fall into this class), and "Veteren Shoppers", who dedicate more time and planning. I spent about 30 to 45 minutes planning my shopping trip and it saved me $40.00. Thats a pretty good return for my time. I can see how it would be easy to save more as I get more into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment