Saturday, February 6, 2010

War on Stupid

My wife and I went to the Laughing Skull Lounge last night to see some comedians do an act called the "War on Stupid". It was pretty good and featured Marshall Chiles, another comedian, and guy with a PhD. in Theology. Nothing was off limits. They poked fun at religion, the government, the Federal Reserve, and a host of other subjects. We really liked the show, but I think some people did not know what they were in for and less than half way through about 10 had taken their leave. I thought that was rude! I would really like to sit down with the PhD. and pick his brain. He spent 25 years preaching in a church and now he makes fun of the stupid things in religion. I would like to hear what was the catalyst for his decision to leave the church.

I really like the Laughing Skull Lounge. It is a small intimate venue with only 74 seats. They have 10 two top tables up by the stage and the remainder of the seating is general admission. You are so close to the comedians that it is more like a conversation than a show.

We also had dinner at the Vortex. Which is nice since the Laughing Skull Lounge is attached to the Vortex in Midtown. They have a great beer selection of which I had three different one. The first was from Sweetwater Brewery in Atlanta and was called the "Happy Ending". I just had to have it, mostly because I wanted to tell the waitress that I wanted a Happy Ending. To my surprise, my wife asked for a Happy Ending too. Oh, and trust me the Happy Ending was a really good beer. The next beer was a Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. It was good and is a high gravity beer (read more alcohol). It did not have a smooth of a finish as the Happy Ending. The last beer I had was the Samuel Adams Imperial Double Bock. It is high gravity too. It was better than the Brown Ale, but not as good as the Happy Ending. These were all dark beers. I had the Black and Blue Burger for dinner and as always at the Vortex it was yummy.

I recommend the Vortex and the Laughing Skull Lounge and I highly recommend a Happy Ending for everyone over the age of 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment